Donnie Harris Law can provide assistance with retail and commercial leases in a number of capacities. It is important to seek legal advice from an experienced lease lawyer before entering a lease, as it is a legal contract and may contain onerous or unfamiliar terms and conditions. We can explain complex legal terms to you in plain English as well as assist you with negotiating more favourable terms.
Lease disputes do arise and we can also help you with understanding or enforcing your rights. We have acted for both lessors and lessees in lease disputes. We know that a lease dispute can be a complex, time consuming, stressful and expensive circumstance. We want to help our clients get the best outcome that the circumstances permit.
We are also familiar with the Retail Shop Leases legislation. This legislation imposes a number of stringent requirements upon the parties to a Retail Shop Lease. It is important that the requirements are met as penalties apply in some circumstances. It is important that you deal with a lease lawyer familiar with this legislation.
Donnie Harris Law can assist you with:
- Letters of offer/Heads of Agreement
- Advice about, and drafting of, incentive agreements
- Drafting and reviewing retail and commercial leases
- Negotiating terms of the lease (including rent, sub leasing, duration, exit and renewal options). Yes, lease terms are often negotiable.
- Interpretation of lease provisions
- Lease disputes
- Default and recovery action
- Termination/surrender of a lease
We understand that our client’s want to be able to confidently budget for the cost of their leasing transaction. We offer fixed or capped fees in most leasing transactions. Talk to a Townsville Lease Lawyer today about our fixed or capped fee arrangements.
Contact a Lease Lawyer
Contact us to for legal advice specific to your lease agreement from an experienced Lease Lawyer.